What we're doing to ensure your safety:
Limiting the Crowd
We will be limiting the number of patients in our office at any given time.
Only 1 patient per hour will be scheduled in order to perform a thorough cleaning after each exam.
Maintaining a Clean Office
All equipment and surfaces will be cleaned with anti-viral/ anti-bacterial cleaners after each exam.
Frame Selection Safety
Sanitized trays will be provided for patients to place their frame selections. Our staff will disinfect all frames before you try them on.
We have installed protective shields on our front desk as well as necessary instruments. We are also maintaining an adequate inventory of masks, gloves, and cleaning supplies for the staff.
What we ask of you:
- In compliance with CDC and the Governor of Hawaii's recommendation, we ask that all patients wear a mask or face covering when entering our office.
- If you are exhibiting signs of COVID-19 or if you believe you have been in contact with someone who may have been exposed, we ask that you kindly reschedule your appointment.
- We ask that you arrive to your appointment alone, as we are only allowing guardians and necessary care-givers to accompany patients during their exam.
- If you need someone to bring you to your appointment, we ask that they wait outside or in their vehicle while you are being seen.
- We ask that every patient completes their intake form prior to their appointment.
- To ensure social distancing with other patients, we ask that you wait in your vehicle and call/text us when you arrive. You will be given further instructions as to when we are ready to begin your exam testing.
- We ask that you comply with answering a series of wellness questions prior to EVERY visit and have your temperature read, before entering our office (any temperature over 100F will be asked to reschedule).
- We ask that every patient wash their hands in our office upon entering.
- To best respect social distancing, we highly recommend our patients to opt for Digital Retinal Screening photos during your comprehensive visit. These are high-resolution photographs of the interior portion of your eye.
- Kindly give us advance notice to cancel or reschedule your appointment. Due to the limited amount of appointment slots, any "no-shows" will be charged a $25.00 fee.
We will continue to monitor CDC guidelines and make necessary changes as appropriate to ensure the safety of our staff and patients. Please call or text us if you have any questions or concerns regarding our procedures.